Friday, April 10, 2009

Miggy = Man's Man

I know it isn't going out on a limb or anything because a lot of people are predicting this, but as I watch Miguel Cabrera blast a grand slam to left-center at CoPa during the home opener (7-0 Tigers currently wahooo) I can't help but feel that Miggy will win the Triple Crown this year. Perhaps even MVP. He was a respectable 9/32 with 2 HR during the WBC and just looked like he was going to mash. He is currently 10/14 with 3 HR and 8 RBI 4.5 games into the season. I don't think anyone can deny that he is going to have a monstrous year.

This is a man... and his bat.

This guy is going to be raping AL Central pitching for many, many years to come.

Update: Cabrera just missed his second HR of the day by about an inch. Oh well, add another 2 RBI to the score sheet. 14-1 Tigers. I know it's the Rangers and that roughing up Kris Benson, Warner Madrigal and Josh Rupe isn't the most impressive thing in the world, but honestly at this point I'm not sure if it matters all that much who is pitching to him - he's going to rake no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment