Thursday, March 15, 2012

The New Guys: Changes to the 40-Man Roster

Spring training is in full swing. That can only mean one thing: Tigers you have never heard of before. Luckily for you, I'm here to break down the new Tigers so that you don't feel stoopid.

New Tiger #1: Collin Balester
Acquired: From the Nationals via trade for Ryan Perry

The Info: Balester is basically a career AAA player. He has spent at least part of the past 5 seasons there. His fastball sits in the 91-94 range and he throws a curve. Over the past 3 seasons in the majors, he's gone 2-9 with a 4.86 ERA.



New Tiger #2: Octavio Dotel

Acquired: Via Free Agency


The Info: I remember Dotel from when he was the set-up man for Billy Wagner in Houston. This was when Houston was good. I can only assume that he still has a ridiculous frisbee slider. I could look it up but I choose not to.



New Tiger #3: Prince Fielder

Acquired: Via Free Agency

The Info: This is Cecil's son, but they aren't family (Cecil stole Prince's signing bonus or something like that). He's a 285-pound vegetarian who hits like a 285-pound carnivore. Over the past 365 days, he hit .299 with 38 home runs. He also had most errors in the majors for a first baseman, mostly because he's too cool to give a shit. He finished third in the NL MVP voting behind a cheater and Matt Kemp. He signed a contract that will give him more in a year than I will ever see in my life.


One of the top image results for Prince Fielder. I post it even though I hate Jennifer Aniston because I like bewbs.

New (Old) Tiger
#4: Gerald Laird

Gerald Laird has played for the Tigers from 2009-2010. Last year he played for the World Series Champions. He does not get a picture because backup catchers are boring.

1 comment:

  1. Gerald Laird should't get a picture because he is terrible, not because he is a backup catcher.

    ReplyDelete